A simple yet delicious trout recipe combining an assortment of fresh herbs with bacon. The beauty of this recipe is that it is easy to follow and the cooked trout can be served with a number of accompaniments.
- 1 Rainbow Trout per person
- 2 Rashers of Bacon Trout
- Fresh Rosemary, Thyme, Parsley and Sage
- 1 Knob of Butter per person
- Firstly, clean the Fresh rainbow trout, leaving the head and tail on to stop the stuffing escaping either end.
- Blend the herbs together with a little butter and stuff each piece of fish.
- Wrap each trout with 1 or 2 rashers of bacon to hold the stuffing in.
- Place in a hot oven for 20 – 30 minutes until cooked with foil on top.
- Once cooked, open the top of the foil and allow to settle for one minute.
- Brush each trout with a little butter and serve.
Recommended accompaniments include rice, salad, boiled potatoes, vegetables and crusty bread. You could also glaze the fish with a creamy sauce as shown below.