Trout Fishing Forums   Lathams Fishing - Click here

Go Back   Trout Fishing Forums > Fly Fishing > Casting Out

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-15-2010, 04:08 PM
CastingOut

Default Respecting space

It's so important to respect the space of other fishermen. I'm of the belief that if someone is there first, then I need to find another spot. I hate people who try to crowd in on my spot.
Old 01-15-2010, 04:18 PM
Fisher

Quote:
Originally Posted by CastingOut View Post
It's so important to respect the space of other fishermen. I'm of the belief that if someone is there first, then I need to find another spot. I hate people who try to crowd in on my spot.
Oh, this is one of those things that just ticks me off. If I'm successful and others see that, I hate it when they don't have manners and start crowding me in.
Old 01-15-2010, 04:52 PM
alfon

That's still bearable. Sometimes not only the people crowd you in, but they also start chatting with you. I hate to talk to strangers. Respecting others' space is the rule of thumb in fishing.
Old 01-15-2010, 05:50 PM
Mike35

See now I don't mind when others fish near me. I love to chat and hear about what other people are doing or using to fish.
Now if they are casting over me that is a problem.
Old 01-15-2010, 07:57 PM
LoveToFish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike35 View Post
See now I don't mind when others fish near me. I love to chat and hear about what other people are doing or using to fish.
Now if they are casting over me that is a problem.
I think with spin casting it's easier to chat with people while fishing, but when it comes to fly fishing, it's more difficult. There's more to focus on with fly fishing when compared to spin casting.
Old 01-16-2010, 07:18 AM
papabear

I like to go fishing with a companion or two, but I am not comfortable when there are strangers around me, trying to intrude on the area where I do my fishing.
Old 01-16-2010, 11:46 AM
Fisher

The problem with crowding is that when you are fly fishing, you need the space to be able to cast. In addition to casting, you want to be able to cover some territory and if people start crowding in, you've lost your space.
Old 01-17-2010, 05:27 AM
BlackLine

I usually like to have space when I was fly fishing. I like to think while I'm fishing and really don't want to chat. Fishing is time for me to contemplate things.
Old 01-17-2010, 07:10 AM
alfon

Yes you are right, Fisher. It needs at least 20 meter distance between you and other angler to get both of you enough space to fish. A good fisherman never disturbs the water fished by another angler.
Old 01-17-2010, 07:26 AM
RedEyedRoughNeck

I like a good chat. I also like to see other's tackle and to see what they catch. I don't mind company at all. Sometimes it takes two to see a spot is not fishing well.
Old 01-17-2010, 07:38 AM
Wader

Haha, now I know why they looked at my like that when I came and sit nearby them. But they caught so many fish already, and the river doesn't belong to them.