Trout Fishing Forums   Lathams Fishing - Click here

Go Back   Trout Fishing Forums > Fly Fishing > Casting Out

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-17-2010, 04:35 PM
trophyfish

Default Casting classes?

I can do the basic overhand cast in fly fishing but that is about it. I want to take some classes. I'm more of a "do-it to learn-it" type of fisherman. I have watched a lot of youtube videos and it isn't cutting it teaching me how to cast.

Anyone know of any great casting teachers?
Old 01-18-2010, 03:55 AM
alfon

You will never get the most from the videos on Youtube, as they are aimed not to directly teach you but to promote the tutorial products they sell. You had better purchase a tutorial video about it.
Old 01-18-2010, 05:22 AM
drey

Other than tutorial videos, I think you can learn casting by attending fishing classes which are often arranged in fishing shops. If you are a member of a fishing club, you may also find another experienced member to teach you casting.
Old 01-18-2010, 07:12 AM
player

For me it's better if I get myself really good package vids on casting. This way it covers a lot of subjects from instructional phase and techniques needed to enhance ones ability.
Old 01-20-2010, 04:36 PM
mist

Ask around the place where you try to catch, I'm sure if that place is very popular for angling there will be some guys who can teach you a thing or two.

You could also ask the store where you bought your equipments, chances are they might refer you one.
Old 01-21-2010, 08:30 AM
mirror

On my spare time I do watch some vids because it interest me on the sport of angling. Even if I consider myself to be a good fly fish guy, the lure of seeing some guy showing the techniques sure satisfy my curiosity.