Trout Fishing Forums   Lathams Fishing - Click here

Go Back   Trout Fishing Forums > Fly Fishing > Equipment and Tackle

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-04-2010, 05:54 PM
Mike35

Default Fast-sinking fly lines

I have not tried this type of line yet but I was told that I should buy some. I am planning on trip out where it's deeper. My buddy told me that this line will sink fast and it's great for deep water fishing.

Has anyone used this? How is it?
Old 01-05-2010, 06:01 PM
skipper

If you are going to be fishing in deeper waters, you definitely want to buy some fast sinking fly line. If you try to fish with floating line, there will be too much resistance no matter how many sinkers you use.
Old 01-05-2010, 06:32 PM
Mike35

Is there any brand that is better when buying fast sinking line? I was thinking that the floating line would not work, as the fly wouldn't go deep enough in the water. There are other types of line though, so I wasn't sure if I had to have the fast-sinking.
Old 01-06-2010, 06:11 PM
FishersWife

I'm also planning on trying a spot where the fishing in deeper water is supposed to be better, and am interested in knowing what brands of line are best. Durable brands, please, as we seem to go through equipment way too fast!
Old 01-06-2010, 10:40 PM
Mike35

I'm going to look it up and see if I can find some online reviews. If I find any, I'll post them here. I would rather have someone tell me what they use (I like tried and true over online reviews). Good luck to you at the new fishing spot!
Old 01-07-2010, 12:39 AM
papabear

I haven't tried that one, which is recommended for deep sea fishing. I am using a sink-tip line which sinks only up to 30 feet and can easily be pulled to surface.