Trout Fishing Forums   Lathams Fishing - Click here

Go Back   Trout Fishing Forums > Fly Fishing > Flies and Fly Tying

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 01-12-2010, 03:10 AM
Posts: n/a
Lightbulb Three fly rig

What is a three fly rig and how do you use it? When and where should it be used?
Reply With Quote
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 01-16-2010, 10:59 PM
Posts: n/a

Papabear - The three fly rig is called "Loch Style" here in the UK, its created from a tapered leader of anything up to 18 feet long with two dropper lines tied into it at around 6 feet intervals up the line. It can be a devil to cast even if you are practised. If its windy though, I stick to a single fly - it reduces my donations to cussing tin!

Try these links for more info:

Leader Design
Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 01-17-2010, 09:56 AM
Posts: n/a

It is harder to cast a "Loch Style" but the link said you have more chances of catching a trout with three flies in your line. I wonder how three flies are tied to the line.
Reply With Quote

how to use, three fly rig, when to use, where to use

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

All times are GMT. The time now is 06:53 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2
Copyright 2009+