Trout Fishing Forums   Lathams Fishing - Click here

Go Back   Trout Fishing Forums > Spinning > Hooked

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-03-2010, 07:21 AM
alfon

Default Leave me alone

Are you a kind of person who wants to be left alone when he is fishing? I am used to fishing in a group, but I much prefer to fish alone. I really enjoy fishing in solitude. What about you?
Old 01-03-2010, 03:31 PM
Mike35

I prefer to fish with other people, usually my child. I do fish with buddies a lot too. I am a chatter and I don't like the quiet much, so I go with other people.
Old 01-03-2010, 06:37 PM
FishersWife

I'm not against having someone to pass the time with while fishing, but I've occasionally had to suffer overly chatty strangers who can get on my nerves - I enjoy the quite peace of fishing, I guess.
Old 01-04-2010, 05:06 AM
drey

Quote:
Originally Posted by alfon View Post
Are you a kind of person who wants to be left alone when he is fishing? I am used to fishing in a group, but I much prefer to fish alone. I really enjoy fishing in solitude. What about you?
I mostly fish alone for the same reason with yours, but there are times when I fish with some friends. Sometimes I want to show off when I get a big catch.
Old 01-04-2010, 07:06 AM
papabear

I usually go fishing with my buddy, but I found that I also enjoy fishing alone. I don't like to go with too many people who get too noisy.
Old 01-04-2010, 03:04 PM
LoveToFish

I like fishing with a bunch of friends when I'm using my spin rig. Usually we just cast our line and then sit back and relax and chat.
Old 01-04-2010, 05:53 PM
cheryl

A small group is fine if people can keep their voices down but when it gets to be more than four people I get a little agitated. I want to share the experience with others but at the same time people who go and are not fishing tend to get a little rowdy.
Old 01-10-2010, 05:44 PM
Patrick

I agree-- more than 4 people is absolutely too many. I do enjoy going with a few mates and sitting around. We usually stay away from talking much though.