Trout Fishing Forums   Lathams Fishing - Click here

Go Back   Trout Fishing Forums > Spinning > Hooked

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-13-2010, 08:01 PM
FishersWife

Default Sunny or Shady Water?

Where have you had more success with catching trout - in sunny areas or in shady areas? I stick to the shady ones, but I know a lot of time the fish like to be in the deeper areas of the pond which tend to be out in the sun. Does it matter?
Old 01-13-2010, 08:58 PM
drey

Not fond of sunny areas, I find that mostly I fish in the shady ones, and I always get a good amount of catches there. I guess the trout prefer to live in shady areas.
Old 01-14-2010, 05:52 AM
papabear

It depends on the time of the day. In the mornings, I prefer to be out in the middle of the lake or the river and when it becomes too hot I retire to the shade.
Old 01-14-2010, 05:09 PM
Fisher

The shady areas are usually best for me. If it's too sunny, I'm afraid that I might be too visible to the fish and scare them off.
Old 01-14-2010, 05:26 PM
LoveToFish

More often than not, I've had success fishing in shady areas. If it's too bright, I figure if I can see the fish, odds are that they can see me.
Old 01-14-2010, 07:05 PM
FishersWife

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveToFish View Post
More often than not, I've had success fishing in shady areas. If it's too bright, I figure if I can see the fish, odds are that they can see me.
That's an interesting way of thinking about it. I wonder if they feel safer in the shady areas because of that reason, sort of like a small child with a blanket on his/her head saying "I can't see you, so you can't see me!" kind of security, hehe.
Old 01-14-2010, 07:52 PM
Wader

Quote:
Originally Posted by papabear View Post
It depends on the time of the day. In the mornings, I prefer to be out in the middle of the lake or the river and when it becomes too hot I retire to the shade.
In which place does you get more catches? Reading the other replies, it's the first time I know that trout prefer shady areas. I mostly fish in the shady areas though as I can't bear too much sunlight.