Trout Fishing Forums   Lathams Fishing - Click here

Go Back   Trout Fishing Forums > Spinning > Hooked

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-16-2010, 11:15 AM
alfon

Default Stop fishing

We will eventually retire from work and also other activities and hobbies we are doing now. Is it including fishing? Do you plan to stop fishing some day? At what age will you do that?
Old 01-16-2010, 01:06 PM
FishersWife

I think that fishing is a great hobby to keep up after retirement - my grandfather is almost 80 and still fishes today! It gets you outdoors and keeps you active; you don't have to give it up!
Old 01-17-2010, 06:19 AM
Greylinglover

I don't think I'll give it up until my body protests too loudly that I can't ignore it. LOL I love to fish and find it very relaxing. A great hobby for keeping you fit and active through the years.
Old 01-17-2010, 07:20 AM
Wader

I just started fishing and you ask me when I will stop it?! LOL. By the way Fisherwife, your grandfather is really a great and inspiring fisherman. It would be great to meet him and listen to his stories.
Old 01-17-2010, 10:47 AM
Bandit

I love fishing and I doubt if old age can keep me from doing it. I may go as long as I can stand and make a good cast.
Old 01-17-2010, 03:49 PM
Morph

I want to die on the river LOL. When it comes to fishing, I don't have any plan that I will stop fishing at certain age. I just want that someday, when I cannot cast properly anymore, at least one of my sons or daughters continue doing my hobby.
Old 01-17-2010, 08:57 PM
trophyfish

Nope, I have no plans of stopping fishing! I'm going to teach my grandkids and great grandkids to fish! I can't wait. When I'm too old to walk- push out my wheelchair and I'll fish from the shore.
Old 01-23-2010, 07:11 AM
alfon

Haha, great Trophyfish! I like the idea of fishing on your wheelchair. Just make sure not to catch too big trout, otherwise you wouldn't be able to pull out and land it. Instead, the fish would pull you down into the water. LOL.